Thursday, October 28, 2010

Specials (Uglies #3)

SpecialsSpecials by Scott Westerfeld

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


What the what?! I clearly set my expectations too high for the finale of this trilogy. While the whole of the book and the series was pretty good and an unusual perspective from the "bad guy", even if she was unknowingly "bad", I mostly enjoyed it. But the ending fell so flat I had to scrape it off the floor.

I would rate the series as a whole at a 4 star. I really enjoyed that the author gave the reader so many perspectives of this society from Tally's view, from an innocent ugly, to a bubbleheaded pretty, to an icy, cruel special. I haven't read a book that gives you a first person story of being a bad guy. Granted, as I stated earlier, she was programmed in a sense to be cruel so seeing her internal battle with it was pretty cool.

I would really like to read more by this author!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment