Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Beekeepers Apprentice (Mary Russell #1)

The Beekeeper's Apprentice (Mary Russell, #1)The Beekeeper's Apprentice by Laurie R. King

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I'm not a huge mystery fan but I try to expand my choices to many genres. This book was a classic type mystery. It's a story of young Mary Russell and how she comes to be an apprentice of the one and only Sherlock Holmes. They solve mysteries from a wife suspicious of her husbands illness, to a kidnapped American senators daughter, to a plot to kill both Holmes and Russell.
I have never read anything about Sherlock Holmes so I have nothing to compare this writing to. I liked it, but sometimes I think it was a little too over my head. Long words, French verbs, chess, mysteries, math...all things that don't top my list of fun things to do. It was at times hard to concentrate on but there were times I was drawn into the fast paced action sequences.

Still, it was an enjoyable read even though it took me nearly three weeks to read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment