Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (Millenium #1)

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1)The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


There was very little I liked about this book. I'm not a big murder/mystery fan anyway and especially not when it degrades women. In my opinion, the author (though now deceased) seemed to have a low opinion of women in this book. Between loose women, weak women and women with power who "purr like cats" in the limelight, I wanted to toss the book away. Women were beaten, abused and mind screwed. Puh-lease!

Little and big inconsistencies bothered me too. How about the fact that there were two main stories that ended up having little to do with each other in the end. And how about the fact that it was entirely too predictable?! Ugh.

I can respect that people love this kind of story but I personally don't get it. I'm not even sure why I finished the book. I don't have too hard of a time abandoning books but maybe I was hoping there would be a great revelation at the end. Nope. I could care less to read the next book in the "Millenium" series to see what's next.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment