Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Forgotten Garden

The Forgotten GardenThe Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


A novel about a little girl lost and four generations of stories trying to tie it all together. Spanning from the early 1900's to 2005, this is a wonderful and gripping telling of three Mountrachet women who have sad and dark pasts. Secrets are unraveled and reveal tragedy, loyalty, deception and ultimate sacrifices for family bonds that are too deep to simply be ignored.

I loved this book. It's beautiful and tragic all at the same time. It was great being transported from the early 1900's to 1975 to 2005. The manner in which the author described each of the ladies in their time is classic. I loved each of the supporting characters created, they really helped the story along. There wasn't much about this book I didn't like!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment