Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Kite Runner

The Kite RunnerThe Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


One of the many reviews I've read on this book states that it's a novel that sticks with you for a while...that's exactly what it does. I wanted to give it three stars for it's disturbing and some times unbelievable content but it's a book that truly deserves more. Yes, it's disturbing, but it's life for an Afghani; to an extent. I love the historical fiction genre and for that it gets points from me. There were portions that were a little too fantasized and for me that was mostly Assef. I hated Assef and that's exactly what the author intended to do no doubt, but I found him too be a little too farfetched.

That all being said, I don't know if this is a book I would recommend and if I did, I don't know to whom. However I am glad I read it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment