Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Glass Castle

The Glass CastleThe Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Words escape me as I sit here pondering what I just read. This is the first memoir I've ever read, I've always had the assumption too much fiction was pumped in for the green. Perhaps there were embellishments in Ms. Walls' story, but do you recall stories from your childhood with vigor and excitement and a little garnish on the truth? I think the answer is yes for a lot of people.

This is an excellent, sad, heart breaking story of poverty, reckless parenting and the abusive lifestyle the author was raised in. By the end you are absolultey cheering for her to make it, to beat the odds. In all respects, she is an amazing person with a powerful story to tell. All I can think to say after reading it is, "you go girl!" LOL


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment