Monday, October 11, 2010

Mockingjay (Hunger Games #3)

Mockingjay (Hunger Games, #3)Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Well. I guess I'm neither overly ecstatic nor let down. **UPDATE - A Few Days Later** I can't stop thinking about the book. Undoubtedly this was my favorite in the series. I think she wrapped up this tragic storyline in the best possible way. It was a deep, dark book. I loved it...

I can agree with the lower ratings I've seen because the romance element was a back story, not really much going on there. For me, that was actually okay. The bigger part was fighting, fighting, fighting. Fighting to regain control of some many things...your mind, your freedom, your land and your life. It was very intense and incredibly sad, but when you're fighting a war where anything goes, tragedy is going to happen.

Thinking back to the beginning of the series, I can't imagine anyone was too surprised that these nasty, deadly, deceitful war games took place. The Hunger Games set you up to understand you really can't trust anyone and that was the theme all the way up to the end.

I've resigned to accept the ending, no hard feelings. Sure it would have been romantic to drag out the story of who ended up together but it would have taken away from the whole book when I think more about it. It didn't dramatize lip locks and embraces at all in this book, it was just like Gale said, that Katniss would end up with who she thinks she could survive with the best. And I think it worked out perfectly, how could it not for these two?! (I won't spoil it!!)
View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment