Friday, December 30, 2011

The Best Reads of 2011...

It's been a good year for books. I've discovered a new passion for Christian fiction. It's a book you don't have to read under the covers or turn it over so your family doesn't see it. I've discovered some really great authors this year: Tyndall, Rivers, Dacus to name a few.

My top five books for 2011:
(couldn't limit it to only three this year!)

Surrender the Heart Mary Lu Tyndall.
One of my new favorite authors. I'm currently on my fourth book of hers. This book is a fantastic combination of faith, romance, adventure and of course, history! Click here for my review.

A Voice in the Wind by Francine Rivers.
Wow, this is probably one of the most powerful Christian books I have ever read. The Red Tent was one of my top picks last year because of how powerful it was, this book is even more amazing. I cannot wait to continue on in the series but because of how deep and thought provoking it is, I need breaks between the books. Click here for my review.

The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
I was blown away by this book and the facts it contained about a little-known woman who helped find cures for diseases through her cells and all unbeknown to her and her family! I learned so much not only about Mrs. Lacks, but about cancer and about more abhorrent treatment of blacks for medical trials. This is an eye opener in American history. Click here for my review.

Torment by Lauren Kate
My favorite young adult/fantasy read. This is the second book in the Fallen series and the best so far. I read the third book this year as well, but it wasn't as great as this one. I do like sci-fi and fantasy books and this one was the best I've read for 2011. Click here for my review.

Ransome's Honor by Kaye Dacus
This book was also Christian themed and so good from start to finish. This is the first book in the series and has me excited to continue on and find out what happens next! Click here for my review.

Honorable Mentions:





No comments:

Post a Comment