Friday, December 9, 2011

Heaven is for Real

Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and BackHeaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back by Todd Burpo

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I read this book very quickly but with that being said, it still felt long. It's an amazing and inspiring story but the way it was told was drawn out. I'm not sure who the story was more about, Colton or his parents. Perhaps both? Obviously this was written by his dad (with the help of a "real" author) from what he heard and understood from Colton and his experience in Heaven.

I have to admit I was a little skeptical about whether to believe if this was a farce or not, but by the end, I was convinced that Colton absolutely did have a supernatural experience. The fact that had me convinced was Colton saying every picture he'd seen of Jesus wasn't quite right until his father found a picture a little girl had drawn after she said she met Jesus. When Colton saw that picture, he said, "that's right". That was goose bump inducing. And it's an absolutely amazing picture.

I also have read the children's illustrated version; my six year old daughter thought it was great. I'd give that version a 4, but since that version is not listed on Goodreads, I can't rate it separately!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment