Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Paris Wife

The Paris WifeThe Paris Wife by Paula McLain

Abadoned after 108 pages. I did read the last pages after reading some other reviews. What a strange, strange life the young Hemingway's lived. Clearly the man had many mental issues and Hadley stayed with him far too long. Love. Oh what a pitiful thing it can be!

I tried, I really tried. Perhaps if this had been a memoir I would have tolerated it more. But it was fiction. I know it was based on a lot of Hemingway facts but still, the thought that the feelings/emotions/thoughts were assumed didn't interest me.

I will not rate this book as it wouldn't be fair. The author is talented and I can't fault her that she wrote about something that simply doesn't suit my tastes.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment