Monday, January 16, 2012

Divergent (Divergent #1)

Divergent (Divergent, #1)Divergent by Veronica Roth
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

What an awesome, action packed book. I couldn't put it down. This is what dystopian themed book are all about. It's as good and daunting as Mocking Jay but in a different way. Perhaps not as gruesome, but pretty darn close! I have a feeling this series could be bigger than Mocking Jay. But I don't think a movie could do this book justice. No way!

Beatrice Prior lives in a very futuristic seemingly post apocalyptic Chicago. Lake Michigan is now a marsh, no longer a lake. Many of the buildings are in ruins. The area is now populated by five factions, each one representing a different responsibility and way of life.

Beatrice Potter must make a choice of which faction she will choose to live the rest of her life. A choice that will sever ties with her family and her past way of life. Choosing the faction she is drawn to, Dauntless, is a choice that leads to terrifying secrets. While dealing with her own deadly secret she is learning to deal with love, beatings, fears and learning that she really is not a fit for any of the factions. She is Divergent. She is on her own with others who want to avoid war and others that are also Divergent.

There is so much to this book I'm hard pressed to find the right words to give it justice. If there is one thing I hate about this...it's that I have to wait for the rest of the series to release!!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment