Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Night Road

Night RoadNight Road by Kristin Hannah
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The best book I've ever read.

I have never felt such an array of emotions reading a book. It was so incredibly powerful, so touching, so incredibly harrowing. It reached some of the deepest rooted fears a mother could have have yet gives you hope. Any mother who reads this book would have to be touched by this story. Why? Because it could happen. It really could happen.

I read someone's review who said they couldn't put it down. Yes, I struggled to put it down, but I also struggled to pick it back up. Not because it was bad, it was fantastic , but I needed to be in the right frame of mind and I needed to be alone. I finally was able to finish it last night and once I started the last quarter of the book, there was no way in hell I could put it back down. I had to finish it and to find closure to the story.

I could write a synopsis of the book but it would end up being an essay and I would spoil it for anyone who hasn't read it yet. I could write a whole book about this book! I feel like I need therapy now! Okay, not really, but I'm not likely to ever forgot this book. It's something that I will think about as my currently 7 and 12 year old children go through their teen years.

I told a friend, if this wasn't a Kristin Hannah novel, I wouldn't have faith in the outcome. But I absolutely love Kristin Hannah and she did not fail her readers. She wrote the most thought provoking novel a mother could write. I imagine she must have shed some tears herself writing this book.

Bravo Kristin Hannah. You are amazing and so incredibly talented beyond any measure I could compare you to. I don't know how you compose these amazing novels over and over but please do not stop!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment