Monday, September 17, 2012

Dream Lake (Friday Harbor #3)

Dream Lake (Friday Harbor, #3)Dream Lake by Lisa Kleypas
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I think this was my favorite of the series. At first the whole different point of view from the ghost threw me off and I wasn't sure I was going to like it. The first book in the Friday Harbor series didn't have any magic/fantasy/paranormal subject matter to it, but the second and third did. Normally adding that kind of element to a series is a turn off, but somehow LK makes it work! I got used to the paranormal element and ended up thinking it was a perfect addition to the book.

I'm not so sure about the fourth book now. Dang, if it weren't Lisa Kleypas I might look the other way when it's released, but I know I can't. I'll have to read it! Just not sure how into witches and spells I'm going to be. I was pleasantly surprised with Dream Lake though...

LK went from historical fiction to contemporary, is she leading us to believe she's going to go full on paranormal soon? Like vampires and werewolves next? I kind of hope not.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment