Monday, July 30, 2012

A departure from books for...BAKING!

A first! A post about something I baked. I don't know why I haven't done this before.

Went to a local farming area and bought some peaches and cherries. I wanted to bake a dessert since we're in the horrible habit of not eating fruit fast enough. So I looked for a dessert recipe where I could use either of those fruits. I came across this recipe from Allrecipes.com. It's a peach cobber dump cake. I modified it of course, I always do. Here's my version:

3 - Fresh sliced peaches (skin on)
? - handful of strawberries
1 - box yellow cake mix
? - a few spoonfuls of brown sugar
1/2 cup - butter
? - some cinnamon
? - some sugar

(I totally guess on adding some things, easier than measuring! This is more for my notes when I make again. The link above is the actual recipe I based this off of.)

I put the peaches and strawberries in a pan and with a tiny bit of sugar and less than a quarter cup of water and a few shakes of cinnamon. I put on the heat for ten minutes, setting it to simmer. I could have skipped this, but I didn't know if the peaches would come out hard...note to self...skip this step next time!

I buttered the bottom of a 9x13 pan, poured the peach and strawberry mixture on the bottom.

I put the yellow cake mix in a bowl and but in a few spoonfuls of brown sugar and cold butter and cut the ingredients together with a pastry blender.

I sprinkled/poured the cake mixture over the fruit and then took a few pinches of sugar and sprinkled it on top of the batter along with a little bit of cinnamon.

I baked in the oven for about 28 minutes at 350. Voila - Deliciousness!




No comments:

Post a Comment