Monday, April 18, 2011

Comfort & Joy

Comfort And Joy Comfort And Joy by Kristin Hannah

My rating: 4 of 5 stars
What a surprise this book turned out to be. It is so not what I expected out of Kristin Hannah!

I just read someone elses review stating that they couldn't get past 50 pages. If I wasn't such a huge Kristin Hannah fan I may have abandoned it as well. Boy am I glad I didn't.

Initially I felt really disappointed in her story, it just wasn't her normal beautiful, deep story that all of her others are. It felt cheap, short and awkward. It didn't add up to me at all. However, when I got two thirds of the way through, the twist was huge, so unexpected but it all made sense like...BAM! I'm glad I stuck with it.

It may seem like an unusual and weird book overall to some but I've read similar books to this and enjoyed them too. But be warned, this is a different Kristin Hannah book than most of her other writings. Faithful Kristin Hannah readers, give it a chance!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment