Monday, May 14, 2012

What I Did For Love

What I Did for Love (Wynette, Texas #5)What I Did for Love by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Like everyone else, it did feel like a fan-fiction of real life events of the whole Jennifer Aniston/Brad Pitt-Angelina Jolie debacle, but to me it didn't ruin the story. It went off on it's own from that familiar story line and I really did like it.

I haven't read a contemporary romance for a little while so perhaps it was a little refreshing to read something that wasn't that deep. It was a light read with interesting, somewhat shallow, fun characters.

I liked how Bram was so determined to make Georgie think he was the jerk he had always been. Perhaps he didn't go along with her scheme initially but once he started to think more of her than just an annoyance, he became a real cool guy. I enjoyed how their relationship grew into friendship with their easy banter and chemistry. I liked Georgie (and not just because of her name!), even though she thought of the crazy idea, but I wouldn't doubt the Hollywood elite come up with these harebrained ideas in real life!

I don't normally like when books go off and bring focus on supporting characters, but in this book it really worked. I loved Aaron's character and his total and utter opposite but hysterical relationship with Chaz. Aaron for some reason was my favorite supporting character.

Good story and several books down the line I'll read another one of Susan Elizabeth Phillips' books.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment