Friday, April 13, 2012

Mine Till Midnight (The Hathaways, #1)

Mine Till Midnight (The Hathaways, #1)Mine Till Midnight by Lisa Kleypas
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'd give this five stars but since I'm also rating the edition, audio, I'm giving it four. I truly liked the story but I think a lot was taken away from it by the way the narrator read it. Her British accent trying to imitate an American accent made it sound like Americans are super snotty sounding. And a woman trying to make her voice deep and sound like a man, ugh, annoying. A woman reading romantic scenes, um, well, made me feel a little creepy. I love my husband and I'd rather hear him read it to me than hear it from an audio book narrator! LOL!

Going on to the story itself, awesome, totally awesome. I love the gypsy portrayal and the scandalous way he got what he wanted from Amelia. The magic, the way of the gypsies, the aristocrats, the ghosts of past, familial relationships, etc. Such a great and interesting love story with great emotional feeling. Very, very good book! I truly look forward to READING more books in this series and finding out more of the story that was left unanswered in this book.

My first Lisa Kleypas book. Swoon, love her!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment