Monday, April 30, 2012

A Heart Revealed

A Heart RevealedA Heart Revealed by Julie Lessman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I liked this book, but not as much as the first one. It seemed almost to get a little too carried away with drama this time.

The story was supposed to be mostly about Sean and Emma and their love story but it felt overshadowed by a few other dramatic sideshows like Sean's sister Charity and her issues with her husband Mitch. That seemed a bit too dramatic. I'm not quite sure I agreed with how Mitch handled the situation to begin with or how he dealt with it when Charity lost her temper.

Sean and Emma's love story didn't even really begin until more than half way through. I was irritated at Sean's stupidity with Rose, I mean really, can a guy really be that blind to not see Rose's ploy or how incredibly immature she was? The fact that he blamed growing up with sisters for not being able to handle Rose's tears seemed a bit ridiculous.

Then the ending was way too fast. It was a great story but I would have liked to spend more time on the Sean and Emma story line.

Anyway, other than that the book was great. I liked being able to catch up with Luke and Kate. Sean and Emma's conversations were great. I don't want to bash the book but it easily could have been five stars if the water and fire works were a bit more tamed! I would still recommend it though!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment