Monday, March 19, 2012

Wanderlove

WanderloveWanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I'm not really an adventurer, I'm certainly not a global back packer but that doesn't mean I didn't like this book. Nor am I a big fan of contemporary lit. I like books that take me away from reality. Whether it be in the past, the future or something of a fantasy, contemporary tends to bore me. Not this contemporary, it did take me away from my reality and on to an adventure, it was fantastic!

I really didn't understand what this book was about but my first thoughts were, "uh oh, liberal loving vegetarian hippies". Well, it kind of was but that was such a background issue that it mattered not to me. If anything, I could say I learned a lot outside my sheltered conservative bubble of a life.

I was in love with the insecurity the main character had but her willingness to try a new adventure; to be something that no one else thought she could dare to be. I guess in a way I had my own back pack adventure right out of high school, one that made sense to no one either. I can absolutely relate to that because I joined the Army right out of high school. I too met a guy but that's where the similarities would end!

This is another one of those books that I had never read before. It was the perfect amount of adventure, romance, and craziness!

Great, great book. One of my favorites.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment