Friday, July 22, 2011

Never a Bride

Never a BrideNever a Bride by Amelia Grey

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Oh la la. This is was a cute, romantic read and I liked the plotline and the banter...to a degree. It was pretty predictable, I figured out whodunit and the would-they-end-up-together pretty easily, but getting there, I will admit, was fun!

One particular thing that bothered me about the main character, Mirabella, was her liberties with the "gentlemen" and her reasons for doing so. It just seemed a little out of character. I mean, I get why she did it, it just was a little silly.

Another mild peeve I had was her ignorance of her own sexuality. Asking her lover, "oohhh, why do I feel like this?", "What is this splendid feeling?". It was pretty comical.

I read it very quickly so obviously it grabbed my attention, but thinking back, it was a little bit flaky. I'll give it four stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment