Thursday, March 10, 2011

Angel Falls

Angel FallsAngel Falls by Kristin Hannah

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I'm torn about this book. It was written over 10 years ago by Kristin Hannah (my fave author!) but it lacks the appeal that her most recent books do. It is mildly farfetched but Ms. Hannah knows how to make it not too over-the-top and mildly relatable.

As always this book focuses on trials and tribulations on the family bond and love. The main characters learned about themselves and grew on their new found knowledge of themselves and their loved ones.

Some things that bothered me about this book, for one, was the little boy acted too young, it wasn't an accurate portrayal of a nine year old. A minor irritation but I had to point it out. And really? Would someone love another so much to be completely blind to the built up wall of the past? I wasn't quite sold on that either.

I liked how the story played out for the most part but of all of the books I've read of Kristin Hannah's, this is my least favorite.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment